When renewing your registration the QCT must be satisfied you are suitable to teach. Your professional conduct may affect this decision.
The factors that the QCT considers in making this determination are set out in sections 11,12 and 12A of the Education (Queensland College of Teachers) Act 2005 (PDF, 864KB).
'Suitability to teach' includes consideration of:
- your criminal history in Queensland, interstate or overseas, if any
- any matter that may have affected your registration or employment as a teacher interstate or overseas and led to cancellation or suspension of your registration
- matters which affect your ability to work with children including
- if you have been disqualified from working with children
- whether you are under any conditions regarding working with children
- if there are proceedings or an investigation currently being undertaken regarding you working with children.