Outstanding Contribution to School Community
- Teachers working in a Queensland school or early childhood setting delivering the QCAA Kindergarten Learning Guideline or C&K Building Waterfalls kindergarten guideline.
- Nominees must be registered with the QCT and be employed in teaching duties in a state or non-state school in Queensland.
- Teachers, heads of department, heads of curriculum, heads of special education services, deputy principals & principals may be nominated.
- Self-nominators are not eligible but nominees may clarify achievements.
- QCT Board members and staff are not eligible for nomination.
The following individuals or groups may nominate a teacher:
- school parents and citizens or parents and friends committees
- parents, students or other members of school / service communities.
The nominated teacher's school principal or employer must provide a statement to verify the bona fides of the supporting information.
Another education official should provide a statement to verify the bona fides of a nomination by or of a principal.
The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers provides a guide to assist nominators describe a teacher's skills, knowledge and abilities with the following criteria:
- Accesses the wider school community to help understand, engage and support all learners within the classroom.
- Provides opportunities for parents/carers to engage productively in student learning?
Note the nominator should respond to either or both of the above criteria. Nominee may clarify achievements.
Award recipient receives $5000 for professional development.
Finalists receive $500 for professional development.