Outstanding Contribution to Teaching
Sponsored by The Courier-Mail
- More than fifteen years of service in a Queensland school.
- Nominees do not need to be currently employed in a school.
- Nominees must be registered with the QCT.
- Teachers, heads of department, heads of curriculum, heads of special education services, deputy principals & principals may be nominated.
- A person may be nominated for service as a classroom teacher or in other teaching or leadership positions in any school sector.
- Self-nominators are not eligible but nominees may clarify achievements.
- QCT Board members and staff are not eligible for nomination.
- Two nominators must each provide a statement addressing the criteria below.
- One nominator must be a registered teacher.
- One nominator required from teaching colleagues, department heads, principals, students, parents or parent groups.
The nominated teacher's school principal must provide a statement to verify the bona fides of the supporting information.
Another education official should provide a statement to verify the bona fides of a nominated principal.
An outstanding contribution to teaching over an extended period.
A proven record of inspiring children to learn.
Award recipient receives the prestigious Emeritus Professor Betty Watts OBE Memorial Medal.