The QCT committees carry out specific functions for the QCT. Committee members include board members and other members of the profession. Each committee is chaired by a member of the board.
- the Audit and Risk Committee reviews and oversees QCTs financial policies, reporting and compliance
- the Eligibility Declarations Committee determines the eligibility of people who have been convicted of a serious offence to apply to become a registered teacher
- the Internal Review Committee deals with applications for internal review of QCT decisions
- the Professional Practice and Conduct Committee deals with disciplinary matters concerning teachers if requested to by the QCT
- the Professional Standards Committee deals with matters in the area of professional standards for teachers
- the Registration Committee deals with matters concerning registration of teachers that are not otherwise handled by the Director of the QCT
- the Suitability to Teach Committee determines an applicant’s suitability to teach.
The QCT committee charter (PDF, 144KB) outlines committee procedures and guidelines.
The board can also establish working parties or advisory groups for specific projects.